Saturday, March 10, 2007

Working 9 to 5

Yesterday I had the day off the work. So instead of going to work I did 7 and 1/2 hours of exercise. When you put it like that it seems kinda bonkers. I had organised to have the day off because I was going to go up to Port Macquarie for a training camp. When I decided not to go away, basically because I did not want to drive that far or spend the money, I thought I could have the day off anyway, do a big day training, then have a rest day on Saturday, and train again on Sunday.

I parked the car at Loftus Oval and rode 160k, which was two loops out to Sublime plus an extra 1 loop from Sublime to Helensburgh. I wanted to practice my nutrition and eating exactly to race plan and also practice riding alone and spending a lot of time down on my aero bars. And it was a great session for all these things. I averaged 27 which I was very happy with. I was not working hard at all, I ate and drank and did everything I was supposed to and there were hills and a good head wind, just like at Port. I felt fine when I finished. Then I did a 90 minute run into the National Park and along Lady Carrington Drive. This was the best brick run I have had, I felt really comfortable and steady. So all in all a really pleasing day.

Today (Saturday) was a great pleasure. A whole weekend day off. Slept in, made a yummy breakfast of pancakes with blueberries, strawberries and banana, read the papers, went to the beach, had a picnic, ahhhhh :). Everytime I felt guilty I just reminded myself that I did a good solid day yesterday. And long swim and run await me tomorrow.

No comments: