Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The dreaded lurgy

Well, something had to go wrong. I have been sick since Monday. Not super-duper terrible sick, but head cold, cough, tired sick. I am doing my best not to freak out. Its still 11 days or so till the race, I am sure I will be better by then, and any missed training this week isn't going to make much difference. Its still annoying and extremely stressful, but this is literally the only setback I have had in 3 solid months so I can't complain too much.

I have not done any training since Sunday. I went to work on Monday, but had yesterday and today off. I have been dosing up on echinacea, vitamin c, ferrphos, gallons of OJ and lemonade and salt gargles. Last night els made me a very soothing tomato lentil and spinach soup for dinner and today I have slept and watched a DVD. I am hoping to feel good enough to train on Friday and then do my planned sessions over the weekend, but we will see. Top priority is to recover fully.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Plenty of time Zoe - look after yourself & you'll be ready to blitz your first IM :-)

Would love to catch up with you sometime on the weekend in Port...