Saturday, February 3, 2007

Absolutely sublime

This morning I rode with some Pulse people, starting at 6am at Centennial. We rode to Sublime Point lookout, via La Perourse and back, plus two laps of the park (to get us up to 150). It was a great ride! I have not been to La Perouse before so that was really nice. I am reading a great novel at the moment about a convict settler (The Secret River by Kate Grenville) so it was cool to be at Botany Bay. On the way to Sutherland we hooked up with a bunch from BondiFit, also mostly doing IM training and we rode with them for awhile. They were all really friendly which was nice. Some bunches are not so friendly. One of our crew got a flat at Sutherland so we waited there for awhile, checked out the loos at a different servo to normal (much better than the 7-11 we decided) and then continued on to Waterfall, and then on to Sublime. Another spot I have never been and it really is sublime, with a wonderful view down to the coast and towards Wollongong. I felt strong and confortable the whole way, although that may be partly because I got to sit to behind the guys most of the way. ;) Our total was 150k in 5.15 hours ride time (7 hours total), average speed 28kph. When we got back to the park I ran for 1 lap which is about 4k in 22 minutes, with my iPod. I felt really good, and like I could have run longer, but I didn't. When I got home I wasted no time refuelling with a yummy sustagen, honey and frozen banana smoothie, toasted chicken, tomato, rocket sandwich and a peach. Yummmm.
Looking forward to the Cole Classic swim tomorrow - hope the surf is kind to me - and long run from Manly after.

2 comments:

Ellie80 said...

hey Zoe, wow - great blog - definitely an ironman in the works there! nice to see another coolrunning, blogging, triathloning girl! I'll definitely me watching your training with much interest!

Jen said...

Good luck tomorrow Zoe!