Sunday, May 6, 2007

Highland runs

I had 3 good runs in Fortrose in the past few days. I hope when I get home I will be able to load up a Garmin map or graph or two, but for now I will just blog the details.

Thursday morning I ran from Tigh-Na-Rudha down to the Point through the golfcourse, then around and along to Rosemarkie, up the stairs and kept going till I had done 5 kilometers, then I turned around and came back the same way. I was taking it fairly easy and I think my average speed was around 5.40.

Friday afternoon I did pretty much the same run, but did 10 minutes warm up, then 20 x1 min on, 1 min off intervals, then another 10 minutes warm down. I was not going to any particular speed, just trying to go fast, then recover. My plan is to try and do some of this sort of thing while I am away, rather than just running easy every day!

Saturday I decided to go somewhere different, and headed straight through the village, up the hill and along this quiet laneway for about 6k. I got to Killen and then turned around and came nack the same way. It was beautiful and I felt really good. It was kinda hilly so I figured that was enough.

No comments: