Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dutch runs

So, the plan while I am away was to run evey day and alternate between easy runs and something more challenging.

On Monday I did 7k easy, just down to the beach and back. Total time was about 40 minutes, I did the last 2k abit faster - around 5min pace.

On Tuesday I did a session based around the Mona fartlek - intervals 2x90secs, 4x60secs, 4x30secs, 4x15 secs, you repeat the times for recovery in between. I did 10 min warmup, 1 rep of the intervals, 10 mins easy, another rep of the intervals, then 10 min cool down. This was fun and I enjoyed it, but I was not pushing the intervals very hard, especially in the second rep. Approx 14k.

On Wednesday I just did 10k easy down to the beach and along to the end and back. There is a sandcastle festival here at the moment. The battery on the Forerunner died before the end.

On Thursday I did this 10-20 session I read about. 20 minutes warm up, 10 minutes fast pace, 10 minutes recovery, 20 minutes fast, 10 minutes cool down. It went pretty well. It was a miserable morning, rainy and very windy. I did the 10 minute interval along the waterfront with a gale force tail wind, that was quite fun. I felt pretty tired towards the end. My right leg has been unspecifically sore for a few days. I could do with a swim I think.

The exciting news is that there is a fun run here in The Hague on Sunday afternoon, which I am going to do. It is called the Dutch Royal 10. So far I have not been able to interest any of my colleagues in joining me!

No comments: