Friday, January 12, 2007

Ah Friday night

Well, I am still getting the hang of this blog thing. I could have sworn I blogged earlier in the week by email, but the post does not seem to be here. Maybe I never sent it. Oh well, I am still learning. An abbreviated recap:
Monday - swim at squad 3. something k, felt good. Monday is seeming like a very light day with only a swim, but I think I will soon need it to recover from the weekends.
Tuesday - morning ride at SOP then to work - 60k, felt great. PITD at lunch time, I felt a bit slow but happily my legs were fine after riding in the morning.
Wednesday - morning run, 14k in 80 mins, including the "lovely" Balmain cove hill loop. Swimming in the evening. Just the warm up of 1200m felt LONG, then we did 20x25 sprints, then 3x400 build, then 20x25 kicking. I was very glad when it was over.
Thursday - rode at SOP again, 50k. I went with group 3b, after some encouragement from another girl on Tuesday morning to give group 3 a try. I blew-up and got dropped after 30 minutes, but held on for longer than some and was the last girl standing. Is it wrong to be proud of that?
Friday - rest day. I was looking forward to it but also still feeling like I wanted to do something. I settled for riding to work. It was very humid today.
On Sunday I am off to Thredbo for a week with Bilbys - I am really looking forward to it. :)
Before I go I have to put in this link to a truly wonderful shot taken this morning by a friend in Canberra on the weekly Friday morning mtb ride he organises. I love it.

No comments: