Sunday, November 9, 2008

Triple Tri is GO!!!

I have entered and there is no turning back now - woo hoo! The last few weeks of training (or lack of) have not been perfect, but I am fit and uninjured and have nothing to lose.

My main concern has been my knee and I have done no hilly running as a result. But after a very painful session with Gary the massage maestro last week, I ventured out for 2 laps of Quarry Rd yesterday and had NO KNEE PAIN! I couldn't quite believe it, but that is the best I could have hoped for and gave me no excuse to not enter. This morning I did a 3.5k continuous swim in my wetsuit at the Dawn Fraser Baths and felt great, very comfortable. Sadly the Canberra lakes are not salty.

Highlights since my last post:

Forster Long Course Triathlon - good swim, good bike, crappy run, 4th in my AG. A fun weekend but the race didn't make me want to rush back to triathlon.

Striders 10k @ Lane Cove -I managed under 44 mins, just. Not too bad, better than the previous month at Homebush and considering the course, but I am a way from 10k PB form. But I was very pleased to realise that I have done 8 Striders 10ks this year.

Sydney to Gong ride - We started late and it was crazy busy and annoyingly slow, but we had fun and I really enjoyed racing up the hill out of the National Park. It was Tom's longest ride ever and he did very well. If we do it again I will force Tom to get up early and start at 6AM. (There is a photo here - $49 for a download, hmmm, love that value.)

I have also had a few good training sessions. A couple of times I have gone out to run the Bay 14km and managed to hold 5 min pace, which feels great. I have managed to ride with Group 3 at SOP. And I have ridden the MTB to work at Parramatta a few times, which makes for a solid 40k commute day.

Next time I post I hope it will be as a Triple Tri solo finisher.

3 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

When is it? (Yes, I probably should know, but as you know, Tri's are not my thing, so triple tri's are tripplely so :-)).

I hope you have the best of days!

Gnome

Bethany said...

one of these days, very soon, you will break that 4th place habit of yours Z!

have a blast tomorrow at the Triple Tri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

Wow! So much to catch up on.

Firstly a belated merry christmas & best wishes for the new year

Mango mentioned to me that you were doing the Triple Tri. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo?