Friday, October 24, 2008

Triple Tri Training - Week 5

This was another pretty light week, as I was 'recovering' from the 24hr, 'tapering' for the Forster long-course tri and travelling for work - phew!

Monday
Rest day - driving to Coff's Harbour. I did go for a nice 'stretchy' walk on the beach in the evening.

Tuesday
AM- 10km run. I was exploring new territory near my hotel in Coffs. Unfortunately I got a bit lost, on the Pacific Highway bizarrely enough, but it was good to be moving again.
PM - 3km continuous swim in the lovely CH War Memorial pool. I did the last 2k as a bit of time trial, finishing it in 38 minutes.

Wednesday
AM - Take 2 on my run. I still didn't manage to do the loop I had planned but I did run to the top of a really big steep hill, surrounded by bananas, with a spectacular view. On the downside, my troublesome knee was giving me lots of trouble and really sore by the time I got back down the hill.
PM - 1.5k swim - Back to the CH pool but it was closed for water hockey or something, so I had to go to the indoor 25m pool instead.

Thursday
AM - I spent the morning in Port Macquarie for work. I am really not going to mind hanging out there once a month. We had coffee at a cafe/bikeshop called Peloton and I eyed off some very nice pink shoes.
PM - I flew back home and did a 7k run with Tom. I did 2 x 1k efforts, each just under 4 minutes and I was feeling pretty good. But Tom beat me in the race home, damn.

Friday
Rest day - I drove to Canberra to get admitted, had a lovely lunch at Mecca Bah then drove back home.

1 comment:

TA and the Gnome said...

You leave me exhausted just reading... However, I have one question. Admitted to what??

Gnome