Monday, August 6, 2007

Mtb bootcamp

So, many months ago I signed up for the AROC Angry Doctor 100km Mtb Endurance ride at Mogo. Now suddenly its 4 weeks away and I have done very very very little training. Eeek. So I have enrolled myself in my own personal bootcamp. This just involves doing as much mtb on the weekends as I can, getting in plenty of ks on the road bike during the week, trying to also keep up my fitness with running, and riding my mtb to work each day with have a rule that I have to go as hard as I can (safely) on the hills there and back.

I kicked things off on the weekend. On Saturday I did two laps of the single track at Manly Dam. Its great riding there and I really enjoyed bumping and rolling around by myself. This was only 20k, but has some decent technical sections, some of which I rode! ;) On Sunday I drove to Sutherland then rode from there to Waterfall via Lady Carrington Drive and back. This was only about 30k but it had two decent climbs, albeit on the road. But the important thing is that I was out there riding, rather staying home whinging that its too hard to mtb in Sydney, I have no-one to ride with and I am never going to be ready in time.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That's exactly what I need to do. Just get out there on the mtb by myself & stop making excuses!

Good luck with the training - can't wait to read the race report!

miners said...

Hope those last 4 weeks see plenty of single track for you. They're too much fun not to be getting out there each weekend :)