Thursday, May 22, 2008

SMH Half Marathon Training Taper Week

For the record, this was my final week of training before the Half.

Monday
AM - Gentle run on some hilly dirt tracks in Castlemaine. I intended to do an easy 8ks, and all was going well until I got completely lost. Ooops. Fortunatley I turned on the "Back to Start" function on my Garmin and followed the arrows back. I have such a poor sense of direction, its scary.

Tuesday
Complete day off

Wednesday
PM - Swim squad. I enjoyed this session. The highlight was 6x100 where I managed to do each one on 1.40. This is slow pretty slow, but I was really trying hard and that felt good. We probably did about 3.2k.

Thursday
AM - 45k ride at SOP. I went with group 4/5 again and felt pretty good. A return to Group 3 should be on the cards soon.

Friday
AM - 6k easy run to the river. No watch but I felt good and my legs felt pretty fresh, which I was hoping for after doing next to nothing all week.

Saturday
No running, but we ended up doing quite a bit of walking around South Head and I felt really tired at the end.

All good - I had planned a very light week and that’s what I did. I really wanted to do another swim but I just couldn’t fit it in.

No comments: